Board Social Media Guide
Social Media is a powerful tool that has the potential to promote your organization and your mission to more people. However what many people get wrong about social media is that it’s a convenient way to get your message out there, it does still take strategy, planning, and teamwork to make sure your messages are seen by the right people at the right time. One of the easiest ways to make your social media content more powerful is to recruit Social Media Champions who will like, share, and post their own content on behalf of your organization.
When you post something on social media, it is only seen by those who already subscribe to your organization. However when someone other than your organization interacts with that content, or creates and shares content of their own - your reach can expand exponentially! Your board members should be passionate about your mission and excited to help you promote BayouGives! Using these tips and sample messages your board members can help you have an even greater impact on BayouGives!
Share the story of why this organization matters to you and why you are passionate about their mission. People respond better to someone’s personal experience than a generic ask. Pull at their heartstrings and show them why this is a cause worth caring about.
Put your money where your mouth is! If you are already planning on donating to your organization on BayouGives, consider setting some of that money aside to motivate your network to take part in the fun. Offer to donate $5 for every share one of your social media posts gets - or for every new donor that makes a donation! Get creative and have fun!
Whenever the organization you are supporting posts content on their social media page, you can help to make that post go the extra mile by liking it or sharing it with your own friends. It’s a quick and easy way to make sure more people are seeing those messages and learning how they can support their mission.
Collaborate with other Social Media Champions! Interacting with other board members or supporters on social media can be a great way to have an organic conversation about your organization that also promotes your cause and your participation in #BayouGives! Don’t be afraid to use that @mention to promote a little friendly competition either!
Set a weekly quota for yourself to make sure that you’re staying connected and helping your organization reach their goals. Our team of fundraising experts recommends at least one original post every week as well as several likes and shares to make sure that no one misses a beat this BayouGives!
Don’t forget to use #hashtags in your posts! Hashtags are a great way to be a part of the conversation and get your message out there to more people. Whether it’s #hashtags that represent your cause like #animals #literacy or #hunger or #hashtags that promote the event #giving #fundraising #donate or #nonprofits - using hashtags is the perfect way to engage with more people throughout the great social network!
Sample Social Media Posts
- Follow [@ ORG NAME] on twitter for live updates throughout #BayouGives!
- I am proud to support [@ ORG NAME] on #BayouGives to help them make a difference in Lafourche, Terrebonne and Grand Isle Parishes !
- Do you care about [CAUSE]? Support [@ORG NAME] on #BayouGives!
- I can’t wait to support [@ORG NAME] on April 30th for #BayouGives! Will you join me in making a difference?
- Help [@ ORG NAME] reach their goal of [GOAL] by giving on #BayouGives!
- How much good can a community do in 24 hours? Find out on April 30th for #BayouGives!
- Don’t forget to head to https://www.bayougives.org to support
- On April 30th I am proud to support [ORG NAME] in #BayouGives in an effort to raise awareness for [YOUR CAUSE/MISSION] and make a positive impact on Lafourche, Terrebonne and Grand Isle Parishes . Join me in making a difference in Lafourche, Terrebonne and Grand Isle Parishes !
- On April 30th I will be joining [ORG NAME] to celebrate #BayouGives - an exciting day for our community to recognize all of the amazing work nonprofits do and the impact they have on Lafourche, Terrebonne and Grand Isle Parishes and beyond! Head to https://www.bayougives.org to learn more
- Have you liked [ORG NAME] on Facebook yet? If you haven’t you’re missing out! With #BayouGives right around the corner you’ll want to check out their page to see the impact supporters will have on [CAUSE/MISSION] and our community.
- Save the date! April 30th is #BayouGives and I can’t wait to support [ORG NAME] and all of the great work they do for Lafourche, Terrebonne and Grand Isle Parishes .
- Still don’t know which organizations to support on #BayouGives? I’ve got a few ideas for you! Check out [ORG NAME] to see all of the incredible ways your contribution will have an impact on Lafourche, Terrebonne and Grand Isle Parishes for the #BayouGives on April 30th!
- Friends, with only [X TIME] until #BayouGives, will you join me in supporting [ORG NAME] on April 30th? Every dollar makes a difference in [MISSION/CAUSE]. Help me and [ORG NAME] make Lafourche, Terrebonne and Grand Isle Parishes a better place!
- #BayouGives is here! Over the next 24 hours Lafourche, Terrebonne and Grand Isle Parishes will come together to support all of the incredible nonprofits in our community. Today I am proud to support [ORG NAME] and help them promote their mission and have a greater impact on Lafourche, Terrebonne and Grand Isle Parishes .
- Wow! [ORG NAME] has already raised [X AMOUNT] during #BayouGives! With only [X AMOUNT] hours left - will you help them reach [# OF DONORS GOAL/AMOUNT RAISED GOAL] by April 30th 11:59 pm? Every contribution today has a direct impact on [CAUSE/MISSION]!